2/19/13

Vanilla Cupcakes for Two

This afternoon I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea with a cupcake. This isn't unusual for me considering my love for baking. There are always sweets around the house. But if you are like me you don't want to bake a whole dozen cupcakes every time you want one. For me it's because I will eat the whole dozen if they are around.

With that in mind I wanted to share with you my recipe for vanilla cupcakes for two. The perfect proportion for you to share with someone special (or for you to keep all to yourself).

Vanilla Cupcakes for Two

serves 2

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with 2 liners.

1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour (I use King Arthur's multi-purpose gluten free flour)
1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk (I use almond milk)

  • In a bowl, add the egg white and sugar. Whisk until combined. 
  • Add the vanilla and melted butter. Stir until fully mixed. 
  • Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until smooth. 
  • Add milk and stir.

Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.

Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes, or until cake is set.

After they have cooled completely, frost cupcakes as you please. I used leftover vanilla frosting. And to make it extra special I topped it off with some cinnamon sugar.



And, as a bonus, here is Gracie as we waited for the cupcakes to cool. She was begging pretty hard. She usually doesn't sit this still for the camera.


No comments: