4/19/13

Lately...

Sorry for my absence the past couple of weeks. I haven't abandoned this blog, I have just been struggling with the direction I want to take it. Everyday that I post I feel like I have been pulling at strings to decide a topic. I want to find more of a focus for this blog but I am not sure what that is yet. I do know that I am ready to get back to blogging. I will just continue to post about things I like, it might seem a bit random at times, but I hope it will eventually turn into something and I will find my true voice for this blog.

To be honest, after my hiatus I was ready to blog on Monday but with all of the tragedy and disasters that have happened this week I kept finding it hard to put words down. I am sure we have all been watching the news more than usual this week (it is hard to turn off) and there is lots of sadness to see. My thoughts are with those who have been affected by events in Boston, MA and West, TX. But throughout this week it is also evident that there is a lot of good in this world. And I am choosing to focus on the good and the things that make me happy.

So in the spirit of happiness, here are a few things that have been making me smile lately.

My bear dog.
J and the bear. He has held her the exact same way since she was a puppy. Aren't they cute?
My beautiful Grandma who just turned 88. Wish I could have been there to celebrate.
Inspiration
Restaurant week!

And lastly, Get Lucky by Daft Punk w/ Pharrell. Time to get your boogie on...



Also, since we are so close to West, for those interested, 365 Things to do in Austin, TX made a good list of ways to help. You can find that here.

We plan to donate some non perishables through J's work and we are thinking about donating blood (I'm a little terrified but maybe I can finally find out my blood type! Looking for the positive).

No comments: