3/18/13

SXSW recap

Hi there! Remember me? Yeah, I used to blog here... I know, I know, it's been over a week since I last posted. Although I have good reason. Last week was super busy with work and SXSW. Yesterday we didn't really do anything for St. Patty's day. After a long week we enjoyed just relaxing. We spent lots of time on the balcony, walked the dog, enjoyed a few drinks, had ice cream for dinner, watched The Master, and of course, rocked a little green.



But back to SX... this year was much more my pace. As I mentioned before we didn't get wristbands like years past and we were a little nervous about how that would affect our experience. But after going all weekend without one, I'm glad we didn't waste the dough.



This year we took the time to take some breaks and got some fancy cocktails all over town. And I literally mean all over town... we probably walked 6 miles on Saturday alone. My favorite was Midnight Cowboy. I had been wanting to try this place for while but they were always fully booked whenever we tried to go. If you don't know, this place is meant to be an oasis in the midst of dirty 6th Street. To get in you have to find the unmarked door and ring the hostess with a randomly marked buzzer. The bar specializes in cocktails and has a prohibition type feel. It was fun to try some new drinks and they even make them at your table! I thought was pretty cool because it means I can try and imitate the drinks at home.



Besides our cocktail breaks we also avoided super long lines and I never used a Porty Potty which, in my book, means it was a success! 



Once again, I didn't take nearly enough photos. After lugging the camera around all day Friday and not taking any real photos, I opted not to bring it Saturday. Here you can see why. These are the best photos from Friday...


Who needs a tan?
The Neighborhood


 The Neighborhood, not really my thing, but we were really there for Haim (not pictured, of course!) and they did not disappoint. And to top it all off we got to see Pharrell who was ogling the sister trio.



Other bands we saw that are worth mentioning St. Lucia, Phosphorescents, Ivan & Alyosha, and Seryn. I know there are more I'm forgetting but those were all great!



If you want to check out more photos I did take a few with Instagram, check 'em out!

I really am trying to get better about taking photos. I am still coveting this camera bag by ONA. If I had this I swear I would bring my camera everywhere and take tons of pictures! sigh... one day.

No comments: