1/1/13

Hello + Happy New Year!

Hi, I'm Hannah. 

This is me.
You can read more about me here. I have been wanting to start this blog for a while and had been wondering how to start it until I realized that the timing of New Year's was perfect. What better way to start something new than on New Year's Day? So here it goes...

Since I can remember, on New Year's Day, my family would gather around the dining room table to enjoy some family time and food. The food was usually the same traditional foods you find at a holiday meal - ham, green beans, and cranberry sauce. But the most important part, the black eyed peas and collards.

Each of these foods represents something for the new year, black eyed peas equal luck and collards equal money. If you want these in the new year you better consume both.

Living in Texas we aren't able to celebrate New Year's with my family every year but even when it is just the hubby and I, we make sure to include these staples in our New Year's Day meal. Usually it's not the traditional meal since that would be way too much food for the two us. This year I made baked sweet potatoes stuffed with red pepper collards and black eyed peas.


For a person who doesn't like collards, I must say, they were pretty darn good.

Besides food, New Year's Day is also a day for new beginnings and new resolutions. I am starting this blog as a creative outlet to share my adventures and interests in fashion, food, and all things fun! My resolution is to blog everyday (or almost everyday) of the upcoming year.

So here's to a Happy New Year for you and yours! I hope y'all have a great 2013 and I hope to be a part of it!

Do y'all have any new year's traditions you do every year?

No comments: