1/28/13

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a good one. I got to rest up and get over the last bit of my cold while spending time with my hubby, just me and him (and the dog).


There was lots of sleeping in, coffee drinking and catching up on my magazine reading. I love my magazine subscriptions but often times I don't have time to read them until after they've stacked up for months.

Saturday we spent the day walking around downtown window shopping with the pup. I love walking around 2nd St. and popping in and out of all the cute little shops. We stopped at Medici to get a drink - Beer for J and a hot chocolate for me.

Medici
Isn't it pretty? If only it tasted as good as it looked. I mean where was the whipped cream?! We love this place but I'll be sticking to coffee or tea from now on.

Perla's
A candid J thought was appropriate. (see Kleenex on left - still battling sniffles)
Afternoon drinks at Perla's is one of my favorite ways to pass the time. I got a Hemingway daiquiri that was amazing. Although, let me tell you, they were strong. We also got a order of the Cornmeal Fried Oysters. The only way to get me to eat oysters is to fry them and these were gluten free - win! Both J and I loved them and had to restrain ourselves from ordering another serving.

Hotel San Jose
Next up was a drink at Hotel San Jose. This place is super cute. I love getting a drink on their patio. I would love to have a stay-cation at this bungalow style hotel nestled in the heart of SoCo. I have heard the rooms are amazing. Gracie also loves their extremely dog friendly vibe. It was like puppy social hour.

We ended the night at our favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant, Azul Tequila. Always delicious and their salsa is the bomb!

Sunday was a more casual day. We read, watched a Hitchcock movie, watched Downtown Abbey and Girls! It was a good couch day.

I did manage to get off the couch for a Junior League Admissions meeting where I learned more about the organization. Their presentation was quite impressive and I look forward to getting involved with them. I have been looking for away to get involved in the community and this seems like the perfect outlet.

And, of course, I watched the SAG red carpet last night. I'll give y'all a run down of my faves in tomorrow's post!

No comments: