1/31/13

Super Bowl Sunday

I'm not a huge football fan. I can get into a Texas Longhorn game but that's about it (and a UNC game, but let's be honest... UT has us beat there). Although, my love of all things themed lets me get excited about the Super Bowl every year. It's fun to plan a party and who doesn't love football food?! We aren't throwing a party this year but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about what I would do if we were. Here are a few of the dishes I would make if we were hosting.

Bacon Guacamole
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Bacon-Jalapeno Cheese Ball
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
Flourless Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Covered 'Football' Strawberries

I also love watching the commercials every year... it's WAY more entertaining than the actual game. Although, I hate this trend of releasing commercials before the actual game. I am trying to stay away from all the spoilers out there. So far I've only seen one, so I think I'm doing pretty well.

Looking forward to Sunday to hang out with friends, eat good food and watch expensive commercials!

No comments: